Thread: any tips for level 79?

any tips for level 79?

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get past this level.
    How do you get the feathers out of the side boxes?
    Any tips would be most welcome.

okay. i have no idea how, but i just got past it.

I'm at a loss too. Can't figure it out. Would love some tips thanks

The way I did it was to make a few 4 letter words and a couple of more than 6 (to clear lines) - all of them finishing at the bottom to get the bonus tiles bunched up on the bottom couple of rows. Then I made a word that used some of the bonus tiles (including a line clear) and BANG! there was an explosion and everything went!! Good luck

Red face

A 6 letter word will give you a line clearing tile. You need either a crossroad tile (clears up/down and left/right) or just a left/right clearing tile. I'm not entirely sure but which type of line clearing tile seems to be completely random. It seems sometimes like you're more likely to get the type of tile you need if you end the word going side to side you're more likely to get a line clearing special tile that clears that type of line. Up and down word, up and down tile. Diagonally will give you the multiple clearing tile. Still though... I'd like to think it works this way but it still seems fairly random.

You also need to clear space for this tile at the bottom by clearing the lava that would otherwise destroy your vital tile.

Which order you do it in doesn't really matter as long as you don't destroy your tile.

After you've got the tile you need you have to work it down to the bottom of the puzzle floor. Once there... use it and both quills drop.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Muttly; 06-13-2013 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttly View Post
    A 6 letter word will give you a line clearing tile. You need either a crossroad tile (clears up/down and left/right) or just a left/right clearing tile. I'm not entirely sure but which type of line clearing tile seems to be completely random. It seems sometimes like you're more likely to get the type of tile you need if you end the word going side to side you're more likely to get a line clearing special tile that clears that type of line. Up and down word, up and down tile. Diagonally will give you the multiple clearing tile. Still though... I'd like to think it works this way but it still seems fairly random.

You also need to clear space for this tile at the bottom by clearing the lava that would otherwise destroy your vital tile.

Which order you do it in doesn't really matter as long as you don't destroy your tile.

After you've got the tile you need you have to work it down to the bottom of the puzzle floor. Once there... use it and both quills drop.

Hope this helps.
    I did what you said and got rid of the lava first. I then made words (either 5 or 6 letters..don't remember lol) to make the tiles with x3 on them. Now it's random as to whether or not they will clear the whole line. What I did was made a word with them but didn't lift up my cursor, so I could see if it was a line clearing one or not. When I realized I had a side to side line clearing tile, I cleared letters underneath it, so that it sat on the bottom row. Then I used it in a word and bam...it cleared both side tiles and my quills went with it! I have to say it took me about 15 tries! So good luck to everyone! goldnabber

are there any other tips. once i cleared 14 of the 15 tiles which included 6 bonus tiles and once i cleared 12 of 15 tiles with 5 bonus tiles and still nothing. what in the hell am i doing wrong. thanks

well after 40 something times (last 30 frustrating) i finally did it AND it only took one (1) blue tile in a four letter word. just saying, just freaking saying.