Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is DCG really by Disney?

Is DCG really by Disney?

I have told a few friends about this website and how much fun it is, but they won't trust it. They keep asking if it's really created by Disney. The said that if it isn't, it's no big deal, but they think that falsely advertising this game is... "sketchy". I see their point, so I'm starting to wonder too. If it is a Disney game, why isn't it advertised on Disney Channel? Or why isn't it easy to stumble upon? Just wondering...

nooooo its not reakly by disney u know thats why they called it DISNEY City Girl
    LOL yea im sure theres LOADS of disney stuff arent very much asvertised .... but yea it is by disney

Playdom was purched by Disney Interactive which is a division of The Walt Disney Company back in 2010. So yeah it's a Disney game.

You can find this out by searching the web. There is lots of data on the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_Noctem View Post
    Playdom was purched by Disney Interactive which is a division of The Walt Disney Company back in 2010. So yeah it's a Disney game.
    Well yes... and no. Disney Interactive is the "parent" company (which is owned by the Walt Disney Company). But any complaints or problems you have with the game are to be dealt with through Playdom. This game is Playdom's responsibility, not Disney's. Subsidiaries and Parent companies can get kind of complicated. It *is* misleading they call this game Disney's City Girl, it should really be called Playdom's City Girl. But Playdom's name doesn't have the marketing value Disney does, and since Disney is the parent company, I assume they were readily given permission to use the name to make more money (since this is all a money making venture to begin with, even though it claims to be "free").

am pretty sure it would not name disney city girl if it were not made by disney it would just say city girl

Playdom Community Manager
    The game itself was created through Playdom, which is a subsidiary of Disney. So it all goes hand-in-hand, really

Hey guys hows everybody doin

Disney city girl.

Quote Originally Posted by fashionschool101 View Post
    Disney city girl.
    That doesn't necessarily mean that the game is made by Disney. There are many reasons to think why Disney City Girl is not created by Disney.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast